Welcome to Intelliborn FAQ's. You may browse all FAQ's, select a topic that you are interested in, or search the entire FAQ's by entering your search terms below.
Search IntelliID FAQs
Usually, yes it counts as a lookup.
We do our best to provide the best information available regarding the CallerID name associated with the incoming phone number. However, we're not perfect :). There is a cost with each lookup, so even if it's not correct, it will count towards one of your lookups.
If the carrier returns no information at all for the CallerID name, then it will not show up as a lookup (will count as a failed lookup) and will not count as a lookup.
The iPhone 5 introduced support for the 5ghz band. If your laptop doesn't support 5ghz, it's possible MyWi is broadcasting in 5ghz. If you are associated with a WiFi access point, try disconnecting wifi and then start MyWi.
MyWi 6.0 defaults to 2.4 ghz unless it's already connected to a 5ghz WiFi AP. If it is already connected, in order to prevent that disconnection, it broadcasts at 5ghz.
In some limited ways yes, but likely not in the way you are hoping to.
If you have a 3G connection, MyWi will create a hotspot for your other devices or a client ondemand connection if you have MyWi OnDemand.
If you do not have a 3G connection, you can bridge an internet WiFi connection to other devices. Please do not confuse this with magically creating an internet connection. It won't. :)
We have redesigned MyWi 5.0 to be 99%+ successful. If you are using MyWi, please upgrade to MyWi 4.0.
If you're using MyWi 5.0 - here are some basic troubleshooting steps:
- Try rebooting your iDevice (we know - it's not Windows but sometimes a reboot helps)
- Turn off WEP. Believe it or not, many folks mistype the key either on the WiFi tethering side or the client side.
- Try another type of laptop/device to connect to the WiFi Hotspot. Some devices don't support Adhoc Networking, some drivers don't work correctly. This will help troubleshoot if it's the one device or something else. For WiFi from Windows please make sure that your computer supports connecting to an Ad-Hoc network. Some Windows 7 users have had to go into the properties for their Wireless NIC (in Device Manager) and enable Ad-Hoc support and/or upgrade their NIC driver.
- Make sure you have uninstalled any other tethering solution. Some apps, like PDANet will run a background service all the time which will prevent another DHCP server from running (which prevents MyWi 5.0 from correctly assigning you an IP Address).
If these steps didn't help, here are some advanced troubleshooting steps:
- If you can connect to the WiFi hotspot you created, but can't connect to the internet:
- Again - remove WEP and change the name of the WiFi Hotspot SSID on your iDevice and restart the WiFi tethering. Check the devices WiFi Network settings and see if you have obtained an IP address and a DNS server entry. If not, please send us a Syslog so we can help troubleshoot.
- If you can't start the WiFi Hotspot, try again. If it continues to not start, and you have rebooted, it might be easiest to restore your iDevice. We have 100% success rate for users that restore which indicates that they have installed something else on their iDevice which is conflicting. Again, this can be apps like PDANet or others.
Lastly - please do not use a cracked version. A reasonably large percentage of folks having problems have a cracked version which does not work. The cracked versions make the App say it's purchased, but the real part of MyWi knows that your trial is expired.
MyWi 4.0 is a complete rewrite due to complexities involved with iOS 4 on Apple's behalf. We hope you understand that our efforts to create MyWi 4.0 were many more times than that of the original. Other Intelliborn products such as IntelliScreen, Elert, My3G, IntelliDial and Tlert have been released as free updates given the more simplistic nature of the work required to make them function on 4.0.In Cydia, you should be able to login with your existing RockID that you used to purchase MyWi and receive the discounted upgrade price to MyWi 4 ($9.99 US) by clicking on "Associate RockID" inside the description within Cydia. The full purchase price of MyWi 4.0 is $19.99 US.
Note: If you are using USB to WiFi tethering and turn on WiFi Tethering, your USB traffic will go through 3G (of course).
None of our apps are monthly. All minor upgrades are free.
On occasion, with new features/enhancements, we release a new name for an existing product, (such as MyWi 6.0 for MyWi). This is after significant investment by us on the development of the product. You may choose to keep your old license or upgrade to the new product.
We can not guarantee future compatibility support/upgrade support but try our best!
Yes - on iPhone 4/5 with iOS 4.2.6+, MyWi 6.0 can create an infrastructure mode network.
For other iDevices, - no. The WiFi firmware only supports adhoc network creation. The PSP, PS3, and Kindle devices do not support connecting to an Ad-Hoc network.
IntelliScreenX, IntelliID, MyWi 6.0, and My3G are now compatible with iOS6.
You may install your purchased license on up to 5 devices you own. You may transfer your license(s) if you replace/upgrade your iPhone. If you restore your iPhone, you can simply reinstall without any transfer.
To redownload - simply rejailbreak your iPhone and via Cydia, install the software. You'll need to open Cydia and re-sign in using the same Cydia login.
Unfortunately, there wasn't enough demand for these products so they have been discontinued. Anyone who has purchased the products may continue to download the products and use them on iOS4. There will not be an update for iOS5.
We apologize for the inconvenience but hope you understand that we're dedicated to delivering even better apps!>
If you have purchased via Rock and are using a new phone:
- Please click "Associate Rock ID" when you are viewing the descriptin within Cydia.
If you have purchased via Cydia:
- Please ensure you signed in and linked your device to your Cydia Account.This is either a facebook or google email account and password. You will enter this on the Cydia home page under manage account.
No - Your license is tied to your iPhone serial # which never changes, regardless of restore/firmware.
Simply open Cydia and sign in on the home page. You will need to use the same Cydia login used when you purchased the app. This will be either a facebook or google email account and password.
No - please trial the product for 3 days. If you are satisfied with the application, purchase it and support future development.
You will need a Jailbroken iDevice. Intelliborn apps will not be in the iTunes store as they do not conform with Apple's current development restrictions. Feel free to petition Apple to make an exception.
If you do not already have a Jailbroken iDevice, you will need to jailbreak your iDevice.
You may install our apps via Cydia on a Jailbroken iPhone:
1. Open Cydia on the iPhone, click Search
2. Type the name of app
3. Click Install
If you do not already have Cydia on your iPhone, you will need to jaibreak your iPhone This will allow 3rd party software to run on your iPhone that does not meet Apple's SDK's terms.
Note: You can easily "unjailbreak" your iPhone by restoring your iPhone in iTunes.